UW25 Panama - Part 2

A few weeks ago I was blessed with a trip to Panama as part of a mission trip designed for teen agers. Read the first part of the story here.

After work on Friday came a beautiful evening worship and then sleep. The next morning (Saturday/Sabbath) we had a quick devotional after which we got to go to church at the church we were going to paint the following week.

During the church service my Spanish improved immensely. The whole service was in Spanish, so it was fun to try and figure out what they were talking about. I discovered I can read Spanish pretty well, at least, I can sorta understand the meaning. But comprehending what people were saying was much harder because I didn't know which syllables were emphasized in pronunciation and what not.

Anyway, after church we got to go out to a nearby public pool which sat at the top of a mountain and had gorgeous scenery.

We painted all day Sunday, Monday, and Tuesday, with a few afternoon games squeezed in between (pictures below). But by Wednesday we were pretty well worn out and ready for a break. So we had Wednesday off and got to go to the beach! God worked a miracle because there was a severe thunderstorm that day and we wouldn't have been able to go, but the weather cleared up at just the perfect time. The water was very clear and at a perfect temperature. I even got to see some really cool creatures (pictures below), including a cuttlefish, which I've always wanted to see. However, I don't have any pics of it because it was about 15 feet underwater and my camera ain't water proof.

I'll stop here since it's a nice place to stop. Check back soon to hear about the rest of the trip!


My Painting Crew
Everybody on the Guabito painting crew, including me!


Painting Perfect
Some of the painters, not including me.



High Speed
After a hard rain shower, everyone decided to go play soccer in the now very muddy field.


Little Friend
Say hello to my little friend! His name is Horacio and he lives in the sand.


Sailboat

Seastar

No comments:

Post a Comment